Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

my hobbies

3 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

My hobbies include gunsmithing (mostly ruger 10/22s) , shooting targets (I own everything from WWII germen lugers, to a stag AR-15 to a legal full auto stemple 76/45 sub machine gun....wooo hoooo (that's me shooting it below) ....I also collect underground comic books from the 60s and 70's (R. crumb stuff) nand raise our rescue cats (see the pets section)...then there is this website plus a few others like.... www.amputationhelp.com and  www.gunsandfun.com

-Bob

bobstemp.thumb.jpg.69192bce91b1183ecf284

Edited by admin

Posted

Prior to my amp, I enjoyed fishing and camping. We live in MN, the land of 10,000 lakes. Ask a Minnesotan what they are doing this weekend, and they will reply either "Going to the Lake". We have a camper that we keep at a quaint fishing resort about 1 1/2 south of the Twin Cities. It's my goal to be able to get back to fishing and camping, sitting by the fire at  night, and having my first cup of coffee by the lake with the water lapping against the shore. I sustained a foot fracture in August, that was very slow to heal, and had a number of open wounds, that progressed to the point of my amp this past February. While laid up, I took up some old hobbies, crocheting, embroidery, and making polar fleece tied blankets. I made several sets of embroidered kitchen towels, many sets of embroidered pillow cases, as well as a number of fleece blankets & afghans. We recently had a baby boomlet among our nieces, so they were recipients of my handicrafts. I also enjoy cooking. I am a dog lover, and have had dogs all my life, until last summer, when we had to put down our German Shorthaired Pointer, due to cancer. So, for the first time in our lives, we are dogless. With my subsequent amp & rehab, now is not the time to get a new dog. One of my goals for rehab is to be able to walk a dog, we live across from an awesome regional park, with lots of walking trails. Because of my ambulation issues, and health issues we are going through, we have rented an accessible apartment, which works well for us. But we can only have a dog less than 25 lbs. & I prefer a larger breed.

Posted

I was raised and lived in Michigan until my 30's, and it was the same.  I really miss Michigan since moving to Alabama.....nothing in Michigan (except bears) will eat you there.  A few years after I moved here a small baby shark chopped me on the foot in neck high water at Gulf Shore (ever see a 6ft 300 pond man walk on water? I did when I realized high big brothers would be joining him soon unless I got out of the gulf)   And I don't like lakes down here as they are chock full of snakes, snapping turtles, and GATORS! now I just need to find an indoor pool and life will be sweet!

-Bob