I think this section needs to say.

4 posts in this topic

Posted

I think instead of full leg. . . It needs to state Above Knee.

Since you started this on June 6th. . I felt fitting to join as it was the 17th anniversary of losing my leg in a Boating Accident. . . I was 33 and my kids were 4 years old and 10 weeks old at the time.  The technology through the years have been amazing.  As much as I dislike the injuries from the war ..it has enabled people like myself to get prosthetics that are able to do more than I ever dreamed of.  

Thank you for starting this group .

scrabookang

Posted

Will do...thanks for the input!

-Bob

Posted

Recent LAKA here (2/19/15). Have my first prosthesis, and am walking using a walker, and using crutches in PT. I am hoping to be signed off on the crutches soon do I can drive and be more independent. My leg guy says it will be 9 months or so before I am walking with a cane. Just taking it day by day.

Posted

Hi there im a new member and could really do with some moral support! Im a double aka and have also had three fingers amputated (so far) im really struggling atm although my first amputation was in 2006 laka then in 2012 i had my raka my fingers were taken in 2014 . I know i should be over the shock by now and i really thought i was until my doctor informed me it was still spreading and wiuld claim both my arms in the next few years . I have a form of buergers disease (caused by smoking) but although i gave up smoking when i was diagnosed in 1999 (aged 26) it didnt stop the disease from continuing to rampage through my body ( buergers is ment to be cured by no longer smoking ) and the doctors dont know why! Im angry ,lost and just so so sad . I am married with 4 children and 1granddaughter. They are my world and love me unconditionally but at this moment it isnt helping . Victoria x