Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

What are the masons?

3 posts in this topic

Posted

The masons are a fraternal organization dedicated to "Improving good men"   Each state is different, but for the most part to join, you must be a man over 21 years of age, of good reputation and who believes in a single god or creator of the universe (It does not matter which one, In my lodge we have members who are Christians, Jews and even Muslims)  Yearly dues are cheap, usually under $100 a year. A lot of the weird "secret society" junk you read about is just that...junk.  If you are interested on exploring membership more, each state has a "Grand Lodge" you can do a google search for and get more information.  One thing A LOT OF PEOPLE DO NOT KNOW, is if you want to join the SHRINERS organization (Yep, the guys with the funny hats who ride little cars in local parades and financially support a nationwide chain of FREE children's hospitals), before you can join the Shriners, you must first join a masonic blue lodge and become a MASTER MASON (which can take from a week of study to a couple of months depending on the state.  I myself am a Master Mason and member of Howard E. Palmes Lodge #917 AND Abba Temple Shriners (Keystone Kops Unit in Mobile Alabama) As was my father, his father, his father and so on.  So if you have any questions, please feel free to ask me!

-Bob

Posted

Happy to meet you Brother.  I am the webmaster and Master Mason from Carnegie Lafayette Lodge #544 (www.lodge544.com) from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.  I am a recent LBKA Amputee (September 2014) and webmaster of www.mybka.org website as well.

I will share my story in the correct forum for you.

Posted

Merry Christmas Brother!