Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Lions fan all my life!

2 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

bobstat.thumb.jpg.b312e2589b701dfe8705bc bob11.thumb.jpg.2a81c2d1fb881a8d212f44bc I saw my first Lions Football game, freezing my butt off in the snow with my dad as a little kid (like 52 years ago) in the OLD outdoor Detroit Tiger's Stadium, with the numbing freezing wind blowing into Corktown across the Detroit river.

Since then I have been dyed in Silver and Honolulu Blue (As seen above, me at a Lions VS Saints game in a $300 front row 50 yard line seat before I lost my leg!) .  Even though I live in Mobile Alabama and subscribe to Dish Satellite, I also pay a fortune yearly just to ALSO have Direct TV, just so I can watch my Lions every Sunday during football season. (my wife love this....chuckle).

So that's my team, during good and Bad (Matt Millen) days.  With still no Superbowl in sight.  I keep hoping and praying, such is the life of a Lions fan.

(I also root for the University of South Alabama Jaguars Football team, my daughter's Alma Mater and both her and my wife's employer, where I have had season tickets since they started the football program 5 or 6 years ago (40 yard line) , though this year I will have to see the games in the stands in my wheelchair....GO JAGUARS! AS CAN BE SEEN FROM MY RIGHT ARM TATOO'S Above...Jags and Lions logos!)

Edited by admin

Posted

I had season tickets for the North Stars back in the day, 'til they moved. Married to a former all state high school/college basketball/baseball player, who is addicted to sports. He spends fall weekends in his man-cave all day Sat & Sun, first with college, then with the pros. I like college football, but just can't get into pro football.  We have probably every package available from our cable provider, including the SEC channel. We both are diehard Gator's fans. I also enjoy our Minor League baseball team, the St. Paul Saints, hockey, & horseracing, going to Canterbury Park here, and & St. Pete when we visit.  In fact, we had a dog named Gator. Tonight, we flipped between watching the horse race at Churchill Downs, the Tampa Bay Lightning & the Gator's baseball game. I didn't have sisters, so I played along with my brothers, and could hold my own with them I played softball & bowled in my younger years, and golfed with the guys until my hands got bad.  I'm a lifelong Minnesotan, but my husband grew up in Florida, and we consider St. Pete, FL as our second home. Hope to move there in the not so distant future.