Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

All about us and Uncle Bob

2 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi folks, I am your humble webmaster Bob (Or Uncle Bob as I am also called),

I am a right below the knee amputee who only lost his leg in august 2015 after the stupid act of walking in my back yard in bare feet where an old rusty nail found itself deeeep in the heel of my right foot, this leading to such a bad infection the leg had to come off.

That was when I started to realize that the info on the internet to help amputees with news and information was very limited, so I built my other website www.AmputationHelp.com and started putting podcasts on it (as I had also had a 20 odd year past career as a radio announcer in Detroit, Mobile Alabama, Arizona and a few other places).

Then I realized (as I also had another forum running for firearm lovers at www.GunsAndFun.com) that it would be nice to use my talents to build a forum for amputees, and on June 6, 2015

I opened up the newly built www.amputationchat.com forum for all you fine folks.

As Webmaster and chief bottle washer, I am the guy to yell at if you hate it, and offer ideas if you want to help improve it (Or even donate a few bucks once I get that area set up).  I also have a background in politics as former chair to the Alabama Libertarian Party (and back in my Michigan youth, a member of the white panther party, SDS, and other hippie type groups) and I also am an active Master Mason (F&AM) and member of the ABBA Temple Shriners (Keystone Kops Unit) here in Mobile Alabama, raising money to help the kids.

Oh yeah, I also am a 61 year old gray haired old fart, with a very bad back (On disability) which is why my wife now  sells snoopy (from peanuts) stuff. And my daughter is an accountant with a degree in accounting from The University Of South Alabama (Where my wife also works and I have season football tickets) Go Jaguars! I am retired and still trying to learn to deal with this missing leg.  But everyday ABOVE ground it a great day, and maybe we can all help each other!,

So that's how we came to be here, and I wish you a very happy welcome to AmputationChat.com!  (Tell your friends!)

-Old Uncle Bob

shrine.thumb.jpg.92d08ad750cc4506fb70e12

1 person likes this

Posted

Hello Bob! I just found your site and I love that you started this! I have been a RBK as of 4/29/15 and have been struggling trying to find good information online. This could be such a great resource. I have many you tube videos and articles that have helped me so much, I'd like to post links, where would you like them to be located?